LEMON CURD EASY THUMBPRINT COOKIES
Buttery shortbread cookies with nest dollops of delicious sweet and tangy Lemon Curd or Passionfruit Curd.
- RECIPE TIPS
- Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Wrap the dough tightly and chill for an hour before baking.
- Use a small cookie scoop for even dough portions.
- Use a chapstick tube (or other round object like a 1/2 teaspoon measure or cork wine stopper) to make even indentations in your dough balls before baking.
- Use the tube again after they come out of the oven to deepen the indentations so they can hold lots of delicious lemon curd!
- Once cool, use a pastry bag for even filling with lemon curd. Or a small spoon works too. (Use a baby spoon.)
- Easily make the cookie shells ahead and freeze. Right before you need them, fill with lemon curd. Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Lemon Curd/Passionfruit Curd
Heat oven to 180 degrees.
Line two half-sheet-pan baking sheets with parchment or nonstick liners.
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer until well blended.
Beat in yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt.
Beat in flour just until moist clumps form. Gather dough together in bowl to bind.
Level tablespoons of dough to shape into 2-3cm balls.
Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing them 3cm apart.
Using a floured finger or something that will give a good round shape (I used the back of a small pestle), make a deep indentation in center of each ball.
Bake cookies until firm and lightly golden on bottom, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven and immediately fill indentations with curd.
Return to oven and bake 2 minutes longer to set curd.
Lightly dust edges with icing sugar before serving. ENJOY!